Experience the Difference
Of working with David Bonsey
David Bonsey is an award-winning violinmaker recognized in the field for experience and integrity. With over 30 years of experience, David is a master restorer, appraiser, and dealer specializing in all string instruments including orchestral strings, guitars and mandolins. When it comes to your fine string instruments and instrument accessories, why choose anyone else? Not only is David the most qualified to restore, appraise, or setup your instrument, but he ensures 100% satisfaction on every transaction with each and every one of his clients. If you have a question for David and his team, please visit our contact page or fill out the contact form on the right.
At David Bonsey Fine Violins, our mission is to offer most immaculate repairs and restorations, the most effective string instrument setup and sound adjustments, and the most accurate appraisals on your string instruments in New York. In addition, our aim is to engage with each and every client as if they are our only client. We strive for total satisfaction on every phone call, every appraisal, and every transaction. Our focus on customer service, honesty and transparency, and unparalleled passion for what we do make us the obvious choice for all of your fine string instrument needs in New York.
Why Work with David Bonsey Fine Violins?
- Over 30 years of experience in the industry
- Award winning violin maker
- Served as Director of Fine Musical Instruments at Skinner Auctioneers and Appraisers for over 14 years
- Workshop manager for Johnson String Instrument in Boston for over 12 years
- Successfully sold or brought to auction instruments from Stradivari, Guarneri, Guadagnini, Ceruti and many more
- Featured as the expert appraiser on PBS’ “Antiques Roadshow”
- Member of the American Federation of Violin and Bow Makers since 1996
- One of only two Certified Members of the Appraisers Association of America for String Instruments.
- Independent Appraiser for leading Banks and Insurance companies for String Instruments